Thursday, February 10, 2011

Repeat, repeat, repeat. It actually WORKS!!!

I have to repeat everything for my girls. Everyday I have to tell them to pick up their socks, brush their teeth, take their medicine. Even though we do these things in the same order, at the same time every single day of our lives. I keep hoping the the constant repetition will pay off and one glorious day they will remember to do these things (and a million others I haven't mentioned) all on their own.

Recently something happened that gave me great hope.

My Father has a pet name for me. He doesn't really use it now that I am an adult but he loves it. When I was a baby he called me "otter" because apparently I was long and thin and slippery and reminded him of an... otter. So, being the sentimental softy that he is he still gives me books about otters and cards with otters on them and stuff like that. Mojo thinks this is all very sweet and makes sure that I get to see otters whenever there is an opportunity. (because being sentimental myself, otters are my favorite animals).

If the girls are with us whenever there is the mere mention of otters Mojo says to them, "remember girls, there's nobody Otter than your mother!" at which the girls giggle and I groan.

This Christmas, my sweet Dad gave me a stuffed Otter!
Isn't he cute?

Littlest ran up and asked "Mommy, why did Poppy give you a rat?" After I stopped laughing I explained that it wasn't a rat but an otter. Her little eyes just lit up and she whipped around and said "There's nobody otter than my Mommy, Poppy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment