Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday confessional

Photobucket

I confess...
                 That I totally took a header down the stairs, caught myself halfway down on the banister, which stopped the top half of me from falling but allowed the bottom half to torque around and fly toward the bottom until it was jerked to a stop by my death grip on the banister.  And All I could think as it was happening was " Man, I'm just surprised it took you eight years to fall down the stupid stairs."

I confess...
                 That I just told my three year old (who is whining for a bagel that I do not have) that I could not produce a bagel out of my butt and what else did she want to eat? Who does that? Apparently me!

I confess...
                 That I have to take the dog to the vet today. I take the dog to the vet once a year and I get lost EVERY time. Totally using my GPS this time!

I confess...
                  That the dog sleeps in the converted crib that was the twins. He loves it and it looks nice in the living room AND keeps the 145 pound dog out of my bedroom at night.


I confess...
                  That the 145 pound dog DOES jump into the spot of whoever gets up first in the morning. So so spoiled!

I further confess...
                              That much to the disgust dismay of friends and family I consider my dog one of my children. This does not mean that I take him everywhere with me. C'mon he is enormous! But I take care of him and consider his feelings just as much as the other members of my not so little family.  Just like my other kids he is spoiled spoiled spoiled! Also, just like my other children I feel free to ignore him at will! See, just one big happy family!

I confess...
                 That I am glad Valentines Day is O-V-E-R! I am sick of it! On to Mardi Gras! I am sorry for those of you who don't have this, it is too much fun! The Grand Isle Mardi Gras parade is the absolute highlight of my year! I just love it. I love that we can go to a parade or two or three or four every weekend. I love that I have no idea what to do with the metric ton of plastic beads and toys that  clutter my house every year. I love the music and the marching bands and the fun! Such fun!

I confess...
                 That I haven't eaten any king cake yet this season. That's just sautéed in wrong sauce, y'all!  I have lost ten pounds, so I guess that is a positive. But, oohhhhhh, how I want some.

I confess...
                 That I am letting Breezy the three year old wear non matching stripes and plaids, because I just can't be bothered to fight her about what she is wearing. My new mantra is "This too shall pass, this too shall pass!"
Look at how happy she is in her non-matchyness! How can you resist that grin?

2 comments:

  1. I consider my dogs my children as well! they are part of the family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you stopped yourself from going all the way down.. I did the same thing this week.. YIKES!

    Nothing worse then knowing your going down! Hope you didn't get banged up to bad.

    You are so right "This to shall pass"!!!

    Great confession! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete