Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend that was...

This weekend was spent doing chores and crafts and parties and movies and "working" (really playing) outside. Actually it is still the weekend for us as there is no school today.
 Too bad chores don't stop for the weekend.  Even though the work week is done.



This weekend Bee asked me to teach her how to knit. Now we tried this over the summer with no success. So after that, I bought a book about kids knitting and when she asked me about it, I gave her the book and told her to read though it first and then I would sit with her and we would try again. One of the first projects in the book is finger knitting. Basically it is just using your fingers to cast on, and you make a long "knitted" string. She really loves it! She decided to make a bracelet for each of her friends at school. I thought she might like to use some different colored yarn for the different bracelets and went looking in the bottom of my closet where I had seen some pretty variegated pinkish yarn lurking. Imagine my shock and horror to find THIS hiding as well!


A horrid tangle of unfinished barely started projects and unused yarn and needles! At the bottom of the basket was a great wodge of black and white tulle that I used for Breezy's Stinkerbelle costume a couple of years ago. Needless to say a portion of the evening was spent sorting that mess out!
  Breezy and I got started making her valentines for the class exchange.



                              



 We are going to glue the crayons to card-stock with "you color my world" stamped on them. I saw the idea years ago and have been wanting to try it but have never been organized enough to get it done BEFORE the actual holiday.

We also spent some time outside. The weather has been great and we were supposed to be raking, but that was soon abandoned in favor of playing baby birds in the nest!




 The oak trees that provide such nice shade in the summer but drop horrid leaves all over every where the rest of the time!
All in all a really wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment