Monday, January 31, 2011

I made a jumper!!!!

So I was looking for different dresses to sew for Breezy and ran across a tutorial for a cutie patootie jumper over at IKATBAG and decided to try it.
I took Breezy with me to pick the fabric, cause she might not wear it otherwise and I did not want to do this to have it hang in the closet forever.
So this is what she chose...
I'm not sure why the picture looks so yellow but the print is a bright bubblegum pink!
So I printed out the pattern and read the instructions and then life happened and it was quite awhile before I got to actually MAKE it. I thought I remebered what to do pretty well, so a couple of weeks ago when we were stuck at home because Breezy was sick I decided to go for it.



I cut out the pattern out of craft paper, which I like cause it is sturdy. If I iron it then it works for several cuttings.




Then I cut out the fabric and THEN I held it up to Breezy to see if it would fit. Well, guess what! It was too short! So I had a little panic and then I cut wide strips from the striped facing fabric and sewed them on the bottom and BAM it was long enough.


I muddled though with lots more mistakes, which I found out later was mostly from following the directions backwards! I should have re-read them!
It turned out cute all the same. Any goofyness is the result of my own inexperience and not the instructions!
I like it so much that I might try to enlarge the pattern and make matching dresses for the big girls! In a different fabric though, I think you have to be 3 to love this one!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love it! And what a cutie patootie Breezy is! I'm your newest follower from Debbie's newbie party! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!~ I am so glad you joined the newbie party. See you again on Monday....

    ReplyDelete