Friday, March 11, 2011

It's Friday again! Hooray!

Photobucket

Time for confession...

I confess, that I left town for a week and did not tell all of you that I was going.

I confess, that Mojo and I checked the girly-girls out of school at noon last Wednesday and took them on a surprise birthday trip.  I normally nix any school skipping but they only missed a day and a half and it was for their ninth birthday!

I confess, we took them to Disney World for a week!

I confess, that they did not catch on until we pulled up to the huge Welcome to Walt Disney World sign! It was AWESOME! They were so excited even after ten hours in the car!

I confess, that we had the best time, in spite of the hoards of other people from Louisiana who ALSO went there for their week off of school for Mardi Gras.

I confess, that I did not wear even one LSU or Saints or Mardi Gras logo'd item while I was there. I apparently did not get the memo that said that you could not leave the state unless every item in your suitcase was tattooed with those logo's.

I confess, to being very irritated by all the Mardi Gras tackiness that went on on Fat Tuesday in the parks. If you love Mardi Gras that much that you can't leave it at home, then maybe you should stay there!

I confess, that I might have been a wee bit cranky due to excitement and lack of sleep.

I confess, that I was super happy to sleep in my own bed last night.

I confess, that I will tell you all about it soon. Only now I have to make groceries and tackle a mountain of laundry!

ps:  I also confess that I promise to link this correctly because I love Mamarazzi and Glamazon and don't want to cause them stress and crankiness! 

3 comments:

  1. Jealous you went to Disney World! lol @ the awesome expression on the little one's face in the picture...I'd feel the same way!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took my twins on their one and only Disney World trip when they were 11. I wish we only lived 10 hours away! We're in Texas, so not too far from Louisiana, but it did take us about 6 hours to get to New Orleans.

    I don't go in for the Mardi Gras stuff. I don't mind it, but it's just not for me. Does it get tiring to be around it? I would think so. I guess your week off for Mardi Gras is equivalent to our spring break, which just started.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very late visiting everyone.

    This seems to be something I say a lot.

    PLEASE forgive the drive by comment!

    I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your participation in the Friday Confessional linky party.

    ReplyDelete