Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hello Pandas!!!

Have you guys seen these?


I found these in the dollar bins at T@rget! I picked them up for Easter Baskets and threw an extra in for me. Not really expecting much I cracked the box open and saw these little cuties.

How cute are they? All the little Pandas are playing sports. Can you see the one playing hockey? It is my favorite. They are so good too. I have to have more! 

It is going to be a struggle to keep the other three boxes for the girls Easter Baskets! 

They come in Chocolate and Vanilla too! I am going to go back and get some of those too.

I am still recovering from Disney. Still tackling a mountain of laundry and trying to deliver GS cookies, and volunteering at the school, and all the other mundane stuff that makes up my days. I am trying to enjoy my family more though.

I have learned something very important about myself this week. The Girly-girls had a Science project due today. They were each assigned a planet and had to make a poster about it. So before the break I had them find all the facts and pictures they would need to make the posters. This week we printed them out and put it all together. 

I had a lot of trouble letting them do things themselves. I wanted everything to be perfect. And guess what? Nine year olds don't do anything perfectly. Sigh. I had to leave the room to keep from snatching things out of their little hands and gluing them on myself. I had to leave the room to stop arguing with Middlest about how to word some of the facts. It is her poster and if she fails to make things clear then that will be a learning experience too! It is just soooooo hard! I want them to do well and make good grades and I know exactly what they should do have such good advice, why won't they do it the way I tell them to take some of it?

As it was I did all the cutting out. I had to bite my lip and let them glue the pieces together and try really hard not to care that things were wonky. 

I REALLY have to work on that. 

1 comment:

  1. I grew up eating those Panda cookies in Hawaii! I'm so loving that Target has them and they're even showing up in Wal-Mart! ^_^

    ReplyDelete