Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cuteness and frustration

2 nights ago, 2 a.m. , I wake screaming. Clutching my leg, in the worst pain imaginable. It hurts! It hurts to straighten my leg. It hurts to pull my leg up. It hurts to move my foot. Oh my gosh, I have the worst charley horse in the world. Two days later and my calf STILL hurts! What's up with that? I think I scared Mojo half to death waking him up with the screaming and thrashing. Why is my body betraying me like this?

Plus also, all of a sudden my clumsy gene has come out to play again. I tripped on Mojo's foot as he was sitting in the living room. I had the entire room to walk in, and some how I managed to trip on his foot. Which by the way was not hanging out six feet from his body, oh no, it was pulled right up to the chair. How do I do it?

So, the girly-girls are learning about bike and car safety this week at school. According to Middlest she asked the School Counselor who was teaching this lesson, why her father doesn't get in trouble with the police whenever he doesn't wear his seat belt. The Counselor asked Middlest where her father was from. Middlest replied that he was from Canada and the Counselor said that they didn't have seat belts in most cars in Canada!

I have problems with this on soooo many levels!

First, the total ignorance displayed by this woman is appalling. Why is she allowed to teach? Does she think everyone in Canada wears snowshoes and lives in an igloo too?

Second, I believe that Canada had seat belt legislation long before the US did.

Third, why did she ask where Mojo was from? What does that have to do with getting a ticket for not wearing a seat belt?  I thought that the law applied to everyone who is in a car in this state!

Ugh! 


Maybe I'm just over reacting, but this kind of thing really bugs me. Why can't she just say I don't know, or actually understand how the law works before teaching about it. Don't stand in front of kids and "teach" them with misinformation, ignorance and just plain stupidness.

So, now that I am done ranting, here's the cuteness I promised...








2 comments:

  1. Well, I heard in Canada they don't need to wear seatbelts because they slather maple syrup all over their Royal Canadian Mountie uniforms and stick themselves to their car seats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. It won't let me watch the video. It says it is private.

    ReplyDelete